Hon’ble Governor of Punjab and Administrator, UT Chandigarh, Sh. VP Singh Badnore today presided over the Daily War Room meeting.
The meeting was attended by Sh. Manoj Parida, Adviser, UT, Chandigarh, and Sh. Sanjay Beniwal, Director General of Police at Raj Bhawan.
The Administrator also interacted with Sh. Arun Gupta, Principal Secretary (Home), Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary, Sh. KK Yadav, Commissioner, Municipal Corporation, and Sh. Mandip Singh Brar, Deputy Commissioner, Chandigarh, Deputy Commissioners of Mohali & Panchkula, Director-PGIMER, Director Health Services, and Director Principal, GMCH through Video Conferencing.
- Major Anuj Sood Father Said my Son made a Supreme Sacrifice to the Nation
- Colonel, Major Among 5 Security Personnel Martyred in Encounter in Kashmir
- News Flash HRD Ministry to announce fresh dates for JEE, NEET on May 5
WAR ROOM DIRECTIONS
After perusal of Government of India’s order, the suggestions received from various stakeholders including local leaders, MPs, Ex-MPs, RWAs, Industry, Trade Associations and the practices followed by neighboring states, the opinion of medical experts, public health officials and all senior officials, the Governor Punjab-cum-Administrator, UT took the following decisions.
• The lockdown period will be extended by two weeks i.e. up to 17th May 2020.
• The curfew in the city will be lifted on midnight of 3rd May 2020
• The containment zone in the city will be restricted to the pockets identified and notified by Administration.
• There will be Intensive Screening and Testing of all cases within the containment pockets as per protocol.
• The Sector Markets will remain open from 07.00 AM to 07.00 PM.
• The vehicles will be allowed to be used between 07.00 AM to 07.00 PM without passes, as per protocol
• Odd-Even formula will be applied in respect of both opening of shops and the use of vehicles. For example on Monday beginning the 4th of May, 2020, only shops ending even numbers such as 2, 4, 6, etc. and similarly vehicles carrying registration no. whose last digit is 2, 4, 6, etc. will be allowed. The rotation will continue accordingly.
• The essential shops like groceries, vegetables, medicines, etc. can remain open on every day.
• The restaurant/eating places will remain closed.
• Delivery of cooked food by online agencies will not be allowed.
• Apni Mandis will remain closed.
• Distribution of fruits and vegetables by Government buses will continue.
• Big shopping malls and complexes such as in Sector-17 Market or those on sector dividing roads will remain closed.
• A Committee under Sh. AK Sinha, Finance Secretary has been constituted to decide grievances regarding shop opening.
• Sampark Centres will remain open.
• All government offices will be functional as per the norms allowed by the Government of India.
The Administrator expressed concern about the increase in the number of COVID cases. However, he stressed the need for continuous and extensive testing of all suspected cases. He appealed to the citizens to maintain proper social distancing. He also mentioned that if any area is found violating the norms, the same could be put again under restrictions provided in the ‘containment zone’
The Administrator also stated that the decisions will continue to be reviewed depending upon the development on the field. The Administrator also emphasized that the general prohibitions made by Home Ministry regarding Social gathering etc will continue.
- Haryana News Update as on 2nd May 2020
- Chandigarh Curfew Will be Lifted from Midnight of 3rd May with Riders
- Himachal Pradesh Government Waives Electricity Charges for 6 Months.