Interim Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Monday said that the party would bear the cost for the rail travel of migrant workers and labourers as she slammed the Centre for double standards over helping stranded Indians amid the COVID Pandemic.
In a statement, Sonia Gandhi described the situation as a “tragedy with a massive human cost” and added that because of the Centre’s four-hour notice of the Lockdown necessitated due to the coronavirus, workers and migrant labourers were denied the opportunity to return to their homes.
She Said post the partition of 1947, this is the first time India witnessed a tragedy with such a massive human cost as thousands of migrant workers and labourers were forced to walk home several hundred kilometres on foot- without food, without medicines, without money, without transportation, without anything except for the desire to return to their families and loved ones
She said the centre and the railway’s ministry had chosen to completely ignore Congress’s repeated demands to help the migrants.
Sonia Gandhi Said The Congress has, therefore, taken a decision that every Pradesh Congress Committee shall bear the cost for the rail travel of every needy worker and migrant labourer and shall take necessary steps in this regard.
- The Licence of the Mumbai based banks are being cancelled by the RBI
- Ludhiana falls in the Red Zone, Shops to Open from 7 am to 11 am only
- Major Anuj Sood Father Said my Son made a Supreme Sacrifice to the Nation
- Colonel, Major Among 5 Security Personnel Martyred in Encounter in Kashmir
- News Flash HRD Ministry to announce fresh dates for JEE, NEET on May 5