War Room meeting was held on 16.04.2021 for reviewing the current situation of COVID-19 cases In U.T.,
Chandigarh. In the said meeting, it was decided that the District Magistrate, Chandigarh shall issue an order of Weekend Lockdown to be effective from Friday 16th April, 2021 10:00 P.M, to Monday 19th April, 2021 05:00 A.M.
Whereas, an order no. DM/MA/2021/7380, dated: 07,04.2021 and order no DM/MA/2021/8080, dated: 13,04.2021 was issued by the undersigned wherein night curfew was imposed in Chandigarh from 10:00 P.M. to 05:00 A.M.
Order by Mandip Singh Brar, I.A.S., mentioned that while exercising the power vested with me u/s 144 Cr.P.C. do hereby order that there shall be a weekend Lockdown from Friday 16th April 2021 10:00 P.M. to Monday 19th April 2021 05:00 A.M. In U.T.,
No person shall leave their homes or shall move on foot or by vehicle or travel or stand or roam around on any road or public places during above said hours.
The below categories shall be exempted:
1. Those tasked with law & order/emergency and municipal services/duties including Executive Magistrates, Police personnel, Military/C.A.P.F. personnel in uniform, health, electricity, fire, media persons with accreditation and • Government machinery tasked with COVID-19 related duties (all on the production of Identity Card).
2. Essential Commodity shops and vendors dealing with food, groceries, fruits & vegetable, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment’s shall be allowed to open for Home Delivery only.
3. Manufacturing units of essential commodities shall be allowed to remain open.
4. Those specially issued a restricted movement curfew pass by the officers authorized in this behalf.
5. There shall be no curbs on inter-State and Intra-State movement of essential and non-essential goods.
There are no curbs on inter-state and intra-state movement of essential and non-essential goods and all vehicles or persons in bona fide transit (inter-state/intra-state) will be allowed to pass, but only after due verification.