Door-to-door oxygen cylinder refill facility will be provided to the people in Haryana. For this, the patient or their family will have to apply online.
- Refilling of Oxygen Cylinder facility will be provided door-to-door.
- Directions given to Nodal Officers to work with the Red Cross Society.
- Door-to-door delivery of oxygen cylinders will be done with the help of NGOs.
- Chandigarh, May 7 – Door-to-door oxygen cylinder refill facility will be provided to the people in Haryana. For this, the patient or their family will have to apply online.
- Additional Principal Secretary to Chief Minister of Haryana, Dr. Amit Agrawal, presided over the meeting with the Nodal Officers of the District and Secretaries of the District Red Cross Society in this regard where he gave them the necessary guidelines.
- While addressing Nodal Officers and Red Cross Secretaries through video conferencing today, Dr. Amit Agrawal said that this is a crisis situation and we all have to render our services in the same manner as a soldier performs during a war situation. He said that in this midst of crisis many Covid patients are getting treated in home isolation. In addition, many patients with other diseases continue to require oxygen. With the introduction of the facility of refilling oxygen cylinders at home, such patients will be highly benefited and their families will not have to line up to refill cylinders, while this will also curb the black-marketing of the cylinders in the market.
- With the new facility of refilling cylinders, the patients suffering from step down Covid patients will also be able to get oxygen facility during home isolation and the oxygen beds of the hospitals will be available to treat high risk patients in hospitals.
- Application request to be made through the portal
- He said that a portal http://oxygenhry.in/ for this has been created. Voluntary organizations will register by visiting the portal, which will create their login credentials. As soon as needy patients register for oxygen cylinder refill on this portal, their applications will be reflected in both the NGO and the Red Cross Society. If any of the Red Cross Society or NGO accepts the above request, then the information will be reached via SMS on the given mobile number of the applicant patient.
- The applicant will also have to upload the photo of the oxygen level in the oximeter and the Aadhaar number while applying. In addition, it will be mandatory to write the age and address of the patient. An application can be made only once a day from a mobile number. This facility will start from May 9, 2021.
- Directed to create cylinder bank
- Dr. Amit Agrawal directed all the officers for this task to discuss with the Deputy Commissioners in the district for refilling cylinders and set a location. Also, arrange to make a bank of empty cylinders so that whichever patient requires the cylinder refilling, the volunteers should bring the empty cylinder and take the the filled cylinder in exchange. For this, he directed them to fix the minimum price (if needed) at their level. The State Secretary of the Red Cross Society was also present on the occasion.