Haryana Additional Chief Secretary, Health, Sh. Rajeev Arora apprised regarding the preparations being made for the speculated 3rd COVID wave during COVID Review Meeting today.
- Chandigarh, August 27 – Haryana Additional Chief Secretary, Health, Sh. Rajeev Arora apprised regarding the preparations being made for the speculated 3rd COVID wave during COVID Review Meeting today.
- Sh. Arora said that with the upcoming festive season there is probability of a sudden spike in cases for which work is being done assiduously to augment the healthcare facilities at the micro-level in the State. This came to light during COVID Review Meeting being held under the Chairmanship of Member, NITI Aayog, Government of India Dr. Vinod K. Paul.
- During the meeting, Dr. Paul appreciated the pace at which Vaccination Drives are being conducted in the state and the COVID-19 management of the State during the first and second waves. Dr. Paul was of the view that the people of the state should not get complacent especially with the festive season. He said that the behaviour of the virus was unpredictable; however, the people can control their behaviour and should follow the COVID protocols being put in place by the State and Central Governments. Dr. Paul suggested the Civil Surgeons to prepare an estimate, considering the maximum COVID cases during the peak of the second wave and to ensure that the required numbers of beds are available even in the far flung villages and rural belts of the state.
- Sh. Arora then directed the officers to prepare for the speculated third wave at the micro-level in the coming three weeks and basic requirements like appropriate number of ICU beds, Ventilator beds, Paediatric beds, Neonatal Ventilators, sufficient availability of COVID-related medicines, setting up a mechanism for allotment of beds and administration of medicines as per the condition of the patient, sufficient supply of oxygen, sufficient number of ambulances and ensuring availability of ambulances to critical patients in the shortest span of time et al should be made available. Chief Secretary, Sh. Vijai Vardhan also joined the meeting later on. The Chief Secretary apprised about the steps being taken to augment the healthcare facilities in the State.
- Also, the officials were told to prepare kits for patients on home isolation and to put in place a mechanism so as to monitor such patients as the number of patients on home isolation is also high. Also, availability of appropriate medicines and food to such patients both in rural and urban areas should be ensured.
- Dr. Paul also asked the officers to ensure that people restrict the celebrations of the upcoming festive season to their homes. He said that the speculated third wave can be prevented by the people if they adhere to the COVID protocols.
- During the meeting Sh. Anil Vij Health Minister who is presently in PGI Chandigarh also spoke to Dr. Vinod K. Paul thorough a video call and discussed the preparations for the anticipated third wave.
- Principal Secretary, Forests and Wildlife Department, Smt. G. Anupama, Additional Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Dr. Amit Agrawal, Mission Director, National Health Mission, Haryana, Sh. Prabhjot Singh, DGHS, Dr. Veena Singh and district Civil Surgeons were present in the meeting.