Haryana Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries Minister, Sh J.P Dalal said that about 203160.11 metric tons of fish rearing has been done on 18207.56 hectares of land in the state which will be developed on a large scale.
- 203160.11 metric ton fisheries developed on 18207.56 hectare of land in the state: Sh. J.P Dalal
- Chandigarh, June 22- Haryana Animal Husbandry, Dairying, and Fisheries Minister, Sh J.P Dalal said that about 203160.11 metric tons of fish rearing has been done on 18207.56 hectares of land in the state which will be developed on a large scale.
- He shared this information while presiding over a review meeting of the officials of Fisheries Department here today. He said that the average fish productivity in the state is about 9.6 metric ton (MT) per hectare per year as compared to national average fish productivity of 3 to 5 MT.
- He said that in order to double fish production and income of fish farmers, about 34 RAS units have been established in the State.
- He said that in 15 Government Fish Seed Farms in the state, about 1828 lakh genetically improved and quality fish seeds have been produced and two large Pelleted Feed Mills have been set up at Charkhi Dadri and Karnal.
- He directed the officers to prepare and forward the proposal for new schemes of Fisheries Department to the Union Minister so that the fish rearing farmers of the state can avail the benefits of the schemes.
- In the meeting, the Fisheries Minister directed the officers to prepare the last 5 year data of the Department including the functioning of the working and closed fishery units. He also directed the officers to search out and review the reasons due to which the units were closed.
- Sh. Dalal directed the officers that more and more farmers should be made aware about fish farming so that they can adopt fish rearing and get more profit with less investment.
- He said that fisheries would be promoted by improving 58,000 hectares of saline area and constructing ponds on this land in the state. He directed the officers to set up Shrimp Centres for fisheries in the State. Besides this, he also directed to maintain fish tanks and to develop the fish market in the state.