Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal has said that work is being done to establish 1000 Yogashalas and Vyamshalas in the state this year. Of these, 500 Vyamshalas have been set up. Apart from this, 1000 yoga teachers and 22 yoga coaches will …
- 55000 people practiced yoga at 1100 places across the state
- Yoga included in the curriculum for Class I to X from this year – Manohar Lal
- Expressed gratitude to the Prime Minister for free vaccination campaign by the Central Government started from today across the country
- Chandigarh June 21: Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal has said that work is being done to establish 1000 Yogashalas and Vyamshalas in the state this year. Of these, 500 Vyamshalas have been set up. Apart from this, 1000 yoga teachers and 22 yoga coaches will also be appointed in the state soon. He said that Yoga has been included in the curriculum of students from Class I to X from this year so that yoga becomes an integral part of everyone’s life.
- The Chief Minister was addressing a programme organized on the occasion of 7th International Yoga Day today. On this occasion, with the Fit India message, more than 55,000 people at 1100 places in Haryana gave the message of staying healthy by practicing Yoga. On this occasion, the Chief Minister also released the Yoga Calendar and a booklet giving information about which yoga should be done during COVID-19.
- On this occasion, Chairman, Haryana Yoga Aayog, Dr. Jaideep Arya conducted yoga session during a programme organized at the Chief Minister’s residence, which was broadcast live across the state. Addressing the participants present in the programme, the Chief Minister said that the Haryana Yoga Aayog has been constituted by the government to take yoga to every village. Along with this, the country’s first AYUSH University has been established in the state and wellness centres have been opened in 407 AYUSH dispensaries in the state.
- He said that many schemes of AYUSH Department have been implemented so that people can be kept healthy and fit. He said that our life needs yoga like water and oxygen. Yoga should become an integral part of our life since childhood so that every citizen of the state remains healthy.
- The Chief Minister said that from today a mega campaign to vaccinate all citizens above 18 years of age with anti-coronavirus vaccine has started across the country. On the initiative of Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi, this vaccine is being administered by the Central Government all over the country. Sh. Manohar Lal expressed special gratitude to the Prime Minister, Sh. Narendra Modi, for the introduction of free vaccines by the Central Government across the country.
- The Chief Minister said that on the occasion of Yoga Day, a mega vaccination campaign has also been launched in Haryana in which a target of providing free vaccine to 2.5 lakh people has been set. He called upon the people to get both the doses of the anti-Covid vaccine done so that the possibility of a third wave could be avoided.
- On this occasion, yoga students performed various difficult yoga postures to the tune of Shiv Stotram. During this, after light exercise, Kapalabhati, Anulom-Vilom, Sheetali Pranayama, Bhramari Pranayama as well as Vajrasana, Ardha Chakrasana, Tadasana, Trikonasana, Bhadrasana, Ardha Ustrasana, Ardha Mandukasana, Shasaka Asana, Makarasana, Bhujangasana, Pawan Muktasana etc. were practiced.
- Chief Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Sh. DS Dhesi, Additional Chief Secretary and Financial Commissioner, Revenue & Disaster Management and Consolidation Department, Sh. Sanjeev Kaushal and Additional Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Dr. Amit Agrawal besides many senior officers were present during the programme.