Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that emphasis should be laid on starting new courses for the skill development of youth so as to ensure that they get ample employment opportunities.
- Chandigarh, February 22 – Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that emphasis should be laid on starting new courses for the skill development of youth so as to ensure that they get ample employment opportunities. Besides this, to popularize these courses among youth, monitoring and certification of the courses related to skill development should be done at Shri Vishwakarma Skill University Dudhola Palwal, directed the Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister was speaking at the launch of Skilling Portal of the Haryana Skill Development Mission here today. Skill Development and Industrial Training, Minister, Sh. Mool Chand Sharma was also present on the occasion.
- Additional Chief Secretary, Skill Development and Industrial Training Department, Sh. Raja Sekhar Vundru, apprised the Chief Minister that the courses being run by 11 departments have been integrated through this portal. With this, Haryana has become the first state in the country which has developed such a unique portal.
- He said that through this portal, interested youth can select the courses and training centres available at district levels and soon a mobile application would also be launched in this regard.
- Sh. Manohar Lal said that on Parivar Pehchan Patra portal, such youths who have registered themselves as unemployed should be skilled as per their educational qualifications so that they can become self-reliant.
- Besides this, along with Saksham Yuva Portal and Rozgar Portal web link of this portal should also be linked with Jansahayak app so that the students studying in XII, graduation and post graduation can also get necessary information about these courses.
- The Chief Minister said that with the launch of this portal, youth of the state can now get information about more than 200 courses being offered at 357 skill training centres.
- To ensure that interested youth can choose better option, the skilled training centres have also been given a five star rating for certification and placement based on their previous performance, said the Chief Minister.
- The Chief Minister said that the time duration of these skill development courses should also be made available on this portal so that the interested youth can choose courses as per their needs and preference. Besides this, self-financed courses with prescribed fee structure should also be started, directed Sh. Manohar Lal. He said that Soft skill courses can be offered. Under this, Japanese, Chinese or other foreign language can be taught.
- Sh. Manohar Lal said that understanding the difference between education and a skilling is very important because skilling is key to identify anyone’s talent. Similarly, even an employed persons need to get necessary training to increase their efficiency, said Sh. Manohar Lal.
- He said that everyone has to update their mobile phones time to time so as to use new features, similarly there is a need for imparting continuous training to improve and update the efficiency of government officials and employees. For this, Haryana Institute of Public Administration is being imparting training to the government employees.
- On this occasion, Additional Chief Secretary, Sainik and Ardh Sainik Welfare Department, Sh. V.S. Kundu, Additional Chief Secretary, Skill Development and Industrial Training Department, Sh. Raja Sekhar Vundru, Principal Secretary, Technical Education Department, Sh. Anand Mohan Sharan, Director General, Skill Development, Industrial Training and Employment, Department, Sh. P. C. Meena, Mission Director, Haryana Skill Development Mission, Sh. Anant Prakash Pandey and other senior officers of related departments were also present.