Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that the players who will secure medals in international sports events will be given Government jobs so as to encourage them and incentivise budding players.
- Chandigarh, June 23- Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that the players who will secure medals in international sports events will be given Government jobs so as to encourage them and incentivise budding players.
- The Chief Minister was interacting with Olympic medalists on International Olympic Day here today. Haryana Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs, Sh. Sandeep Singh was also present on the occasion.
- The Chief Minister said that besides getting Government jobs in Sports Department, international level medal winning sportspersons would be appointed on deputation basis in Education Department as well as in other Departments.
- Showing his concern to promote sports activities in the State, he said that if sportspersons excelling in their field are appointed as coaches/trainers then young sportspersons can be greatly benefited.
- Extending greetings on International Olympic Day, he said that sportspersons should join such Departments where they find better opportunities to excel.
- The Chief Minister pointed out that the Government has formulated an excellent policy to promote sports. Under this policy, along with 3 percent reservation, Government services are being provided according to the medals won by the sportspersons. Apart from this, the State Government is enhancing sports infrastructure along with renovation of sports stadiums to promote sports activities in the State. He said that Khelo India Games will provide better opportunities to the young generation to excel in the field of sports.
- Importance of Oxygen during Corona Pandemic
- The Chief Minister said that the Sports Department has taken a good decision to plant saplings on International Olympic Day. Apart from food, shelter and clothing water is also necessary for survival but Covid-19 pandemic has further highlighted the dire need of oxygen as well. The Government has made laborious efforts to meet the need of oxygen supply during the second wave of Covid-19 pandemic. He said that now more attention has been paid to plant trees to improve the environment. The Forest Department has set a target of planting 3 crore saplings this year under Saghan Van Yojana. As part of this, trees will be planted on Panchayati land in rural areas and Government land in urban areas. He said that this year more and more trees will be planted and Oxy-vans will be developed.
- 30 players selected for Tokyo Olympics
- Haryana Minister of State for Sports and Youth Affairs, Sh. Sandeep Singh informed that 30 players have been selected for the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games. Rs 5 lakh has been provided to each of these players as preparation amount. He said that in the Olympic Games, cash amount of Rs 6 crore will be given for gold medal winners, Rs 4 crore for Silver medal winners and Rs 2.50 crore for bronze medal winners. He said that on the occasion of International Olympic Day, 11,000 saplings will be planted in the sports complexes of Haryana which would be beneficial for the environment.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister planted a sapling at his residence in the name of Martyr, Havaldar Shiv Kumar. Apart from this, Sports and Youth Affairs Minister, Sh. Sandeep Singh, Principal Secretary, Sports and Youth Affairs Department. Sh. A.K Singh, Director Sports Department, Sh. Pankaj Nain also planted saplings.
- On this occasion, Joint Director of Sports Department, Sh. Dheeraj Chahal, Coach, Sh. Rajbir Singh and Olympic medalists Sh. Yogeshwar Dutt, Sakshi Malik, Dinesh Kumar, Jai Bhagwan, Sardar Singh, Akhil Kumar, Ramesh Gulia, Mamta Sauda, Mamta Kharb, Joginder Sharma and Jitendra Kumar were also present.