Haryana Home, Urban Local Bodies and Health Minister, Sh. Anil Vij said that there is a gradual decline in the COVID-19 cases in the second wave, however, the people should still be cautious and vigilant. He said one should strictly ….
- Though there is a gradual decline in the second wave of Covid-19, yet we should not be complacent – Sh. Anil Vij
- Post Corona Care Centres ‘Umang’ have been opened in hospitals – Health Minister
- Residents of the country should strictly adhere to COVID guidelines – Anil Vij
- Corona can be wiped out from the country and state with everyone’s collective efforts – Health Minister
- Chandigarh, June 6– Haryana Home, Urban Local Bodies and Health Minister, Sh. Anil Vij said that there is a gradual decline in the COVID-19 cases in the second wave, however, the people should still be cautious and vigilant. He said one should strictly adhere to the COVID-related guidelines so as to contain the spread of the virus. For this, people of the state should ensure wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing and wash hands at regular intervals.
- He said that in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the State Government has made elaborate arrangements in the hospitals, due to which there is no shortage of oxygen, ventilators and beds in the hospitals of the state. He added that the people should be patient and should work to break the chain of corona infection by adhering to the COVID-related guidelines. Meanwhile, one should pay no heed to baseless rumours and should rather adhere to the guidelines issued by the Health Department.
- Health Minister, Sh. Anil Vij said that the state was able to contain the spread of the corona virus last year due to the collective efforts of the people. Furthermore, people had contributed to contain the spread of the virus in a big way which led to a gradual decline in the number of corona infected cases bringing life to normal. With the onset of the second wave, there was a sudden surge in corona cases again, however, due to the outcome of the elaborate arrangements made by the State Government and the untiring efforts of the corona warriors that the second wave of corona has now started exhibiting a downward trend.
- Boosting the morale of the people of the state, Sh. Anil Vij said that Corona will be defeated by the collective efforts and soon this pandemic will be eradicated from the country and the state. Sharing the status of the vaccine roll out he said that the administration of the COVID vaccine is being done in the entire state and people are ensuring their full participation in it. He said that those who have not been administered the vaccine should get it done as and when their turn comes.
- The Health Minister said that apart from hospitals, the health of home isolation patients is also being monitored by doctors and health workers and they have also been given medical kits to protect them from the virus. He said that keeping in mind the health of the patients who have recovered from corona virus, Post Corona Care Centres ‘Umang’ have been opened in government hospitals. In the ‘Umang’ Centre, the patients who have recovered from corona are being treated for post COVID complications. Also, such patients are being taught yoga and pranayama other than consultation by physiotherapists and doctors at these ‘Umang’ Centres to ensure physical fitness of the patients.