- Haryana Police cautions people for cyber fraud on the pretext of oxygen & other life-saving drugs
- Chandigarh, April 29- Haryana Police cautioned citizens against fraudsters who could dupe them on the pretext of providing oxygen cylinders and life-saving drugs through e-commerce portal OLX and other social media applications during the current situation of Covid-19.
- Issuing an advisory here today, Director General of Police (DGP), Haryana, Sh. Manoj Yadava said that the widespread requirement of Remdesivir injection and oxygen cylinders has become an ideal pretext for cybercriminals who are trying to manipulate people in need of oxygen. People who are in dire need of medical resources may fall in their trap.
- To make a quick buck, such cyber fraudsters are adopting modern techniques to cheat innocent and needy ones. The most common modus operandi of the fraudsters is posting fake advertisements about availability of oxygen cylinders and other medical resources on cyber platforms like OLX and Facebook/Instagram. They have nothing to sell with them but only trying to cheat people taking advantage of the current situation. Those who engaged in online black marketing of oxygen on OLX, are based in area around trijunction of Haryana, Rajasthan or Uttar Pradesh.
- He advised the people to exercise caution and not to entertain any such offer available on OLX and other applications to avoid such frauds.
- “Amid rising cases of Covid, Police have also launched mobile number 7087089947 and toll-free number 1800-180-1314 where citizens can share any sort of information related to black marketing of oxygen cylinders, remdesivir injections and other life-saving drugs”, he added.
- The DGP also warned against the hoarding, illegal buying or selling of oxygen cylinders and other life-saving drugs. Those found involved in such criminal activities would be severely dealt with as per the law, he added.