Haryana Police has once again thwarted an attempt to push a big drug consignment in the state and seized 325 kg 465 gram of ‘ganja patti’ from a canter in Panipat district.
- Haryana Police foils bid to push drug consignment, 325 kg ‘ganja patti’ seized
- Chandigarh, April 23: Haryana Police has once again thwarted an attempt to push a big drug consignment in the state and seized 325 kg 465 gram of ‘ganja patti’ from a canter in Panipat district.
- Giving this information here today, Haryana Police spokesperson informed that a team of Crime Investigation Agency, after getting a secret input had nabbed Shakeel, a resident of Shamli (Uttar Pradesh), with 23 packets weighing 29 kg 465 gram of ganja patti from near bus adda Samalkha.
- During interrogation, accused Shakeel informed that he along with one of his fellow driver brought the consignment in a canter from Andhra Pradesh. Both planned to smuggle the drug into small quantities to avoid police arrest and parked the vehicle at Udyog Vihar in Gurugram. They unloaded 4 bags of drugs from the canter, out of which 3 bags were taken by his associate for smuggling and he kept one bag with him. As soon as he reached Samalkha for drug smuggling, the police team nabbed him.
- Along with Shakeel, the police team went to Udhog Vihar, Gurugram and recovered the canter. The team brought the vehicle back to Panipat in which 296 kg ganja patti was found. This way, police have recovered a total of 325 kg 465 gram ganja patti.
- A case has been registered against him under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, and a further probe is underway.