Haryana Police’s strict vigilance and enhanced enforcement led to seizure of a large consignment of Indian Made Foreign Liquor when it was being illegally transported in a truck to Bihar.
- 644 bottles of liquor concealed under bags of chips seized
- Chandigarh, April 27: Haryana Police’s strict vigilance and enhanced enforcement led to seizure of a large consignment of Indian Made Foreign Liquor when it was being illegally transported in a truck to Bihar.
- Giving this information here today, Haryana Police spokesperson informed that police have impounded the truck from Rohtak district and seized 4644 bottles of liquor which were packed in 387 cartons. The said consignment was found concealed under packets of chips.
- A police team during patrolling had got a tip off about smuggling of huge consignment of liquor in a truck coming from Rohtak-Jhajjar road. Upon getting the input, a trap was laid near a temple on Delhi Rohtak road and a truck was intercepted. On checking the vehicle, it was found loaded with 950 packets of chips.
- Soon after removal of these bags, a huge consignment of 387 cartons containing 4644 bottles of illicit liquor hidden beneath chips was recovered.
- Police has arrested the driver identified as Rajbir alias Raju, a resident of district Sonipat. Primary probe reveals that seized liquor was to be smuggled from Rohtak to Bihar by hiding cartons under the chips.
- A case under Excise Act was registered against the arrested accused and further investigation is underway.