In Haryana, now Police officers in the rank of Sub-Inspectors (SIs) may no longer have to wait to get promoted. They will get promotion in the rank of Inspector immediately after becoming eligible.
- Chandigarh, Feb 28 – In Haryana, now Police officers in the rank of Sub-Inspectors (SIs) may no longer have to wait to get promoted. They will get promotion in the rank of Inspector immediately after becoming eligible.
- Giving this information here today, Director General of Police (DGP), Haryana, Sh. Manoj Yadava said that parameters have been set to conduct Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) meeting once in a year in which names of all eligible SIs, who fulfill criteria in the entire year, would be considered for promotion. After recommendation, their promotion order would be issued in the month in which they become eligible.
- He said that earlier, the DPC could not be held every year regularly due to law and order exigencies or election in the state which deprives eligible police officers of timely promotion and they retire without getting the benefit of promotion. As a result, there is also a possibility of a court case. Now we have decided to hold one DPC meeting of all eligible Sub-Inspectors in time to ensure them career benefit.
- “Riding on the new system introduced in the welfare of police officials, we have promoted 184 Sub-Inspectors posted in different wings of the police to the post of Inspectors in 2020. These include 116 male officers, 19 females, 20 of telecom wing, 19 of IRB, 4 of SCRB and 6 posted in Establishment”, he added.
- In addition, we are also expediting the process of carrying out promotions of all categories of posts in all units at all levels.
- In an effort to further improve police-public ratio, the DGP said that Haryana Police is all set to add more than 10 % staff to its total strength in 2021. The process to recruit 7818 police personnel has already begun which included 5500 male constables, 1100 female constables, 698 female constables for HAP Durga-1 and 520 male commandos. Besides, representation of women in the police force will also add up to a considerable strength. Out of the total, 7298 posts have already been advertised while requisition for 520 posts was sent to the recruitment agency.
- Increasing the number of police personnel is almost always a sure-shot way to considerably reduce the crime rate, besides maintaining law and order, he added.