Prioritizing the enhancement of health services in the state, the National Health Mission (NHM), Haryana is expecting a significant increase in the Budget of NHM….
- Chandigarh, February 18– Prioritizing the enhancement of health services in the state, the National Health Mission (NHM), Haryana is expecting a significant increase in the Budget of NHM for the year 2021-2022. With the expected rise in the budget, the Department is ready with the blueprint of the new projects to be undertaken in the upcoming financial year.
- Haryana Additional Chief Secretary, Health, Sh. Rajeev Arora while discussing the Programme Implementation Plan (PIP) for the year 2021-2022 in Chandigarh on February 17 was apprised by Mission Director, National Health Mission, Haryana, Sh. Prabhjot Singh that the budget for NHM for the fiscal year 2020-2021 was Rs 944.63 crore and it is likely to increase considerably as ensuring premier health services at affordable prices is the priority of the State Government. The meeting regarding discussion on Programme Implementation Plan (PIP) 2021-22 was held under the Chairmanship of Additional Chief Secretary, Health.
- During the meeting, Sh. Arora gave suggestions to the officers concerned for more effective planning for the next financial year. The officers of the NHM, Health Department proactively discussed ways to improve the existing programmes with an intention to improve health services across the state.
- Sh. Arora was apprised that the Department plans to introduce several programmes so as to improve the Maternal Health, Child Health and is aiming to implement Universal Immunization Programme – Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network – eVIN in the state. Elaborating on the benefits of the eVIN roll out, Sh. Arora shared that the ‘eVIN’ is an integrated solution to address widespread imbalance in vaccine coverage. Besides this, the eVIN portal will help maintain efficiency of vaccine cold chain by ensuring timely and effective use of eVIN across all cold chain points in India.
- Among other proposals, Sh. Arora was also informed that the NHM, Haryana also plans to set up 200 Health and Wellness Centres.
- Director General Health Services, Haryana, Dr. Suraj Bhan Kamboj and Director Health Services, Dr. Usha Gupta and several other officers were present in the meeting.