The Haryana Government is going to take another major step to in order to curb the Covid spread that is growing exponentially in the rural areas.
- Chandigarh, May 10 – The Haryana Government is going to take another major step to in order to curb the Covid spread that is growing exponentially in the rural areas. The State Government will soon release funds up to Rs. 50,000 for all gram panchayats of the State. Isolation wards will be set up in the villages through these funds and other necessary items associated with Covid treatment such as oximeters, steam machines, thermometers, blood pressure monitoring machines will also be arranged so that the fight against the second wave of corona pandemic can be fought firmly at the rural level.
- Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala shared this information today after presiding over a meeting with officers of the Panchayat Department.
- The Deputy Chief Minister said that the increasing cases of Covid in the villages are a matter of concern. In order to prevent the spread, 8,000 teams are being formed by the State Government to increase Covid testing in rural areas. In addition to this, the Government is also going to take another major step. He said that to curb the Covid infection in the rural areas, it is mandatory to set up corona treatment facilities within the villages for which the State Government will provide funds to the panchayats immediately.
- Sh. Dushyant Chautala said that the Government will allocate funds of Rs.30,000 to all the villages having population less than 10,000 and those with more than 10,000 population, the State Government will allocate Rs. 50,000. He said that corona isolation centres would be built in Chaupals, Government Schools, Anganwadi Centers of the villages.
- The Deputy Chief Minister informed that a team will be formed to operate these centres, which will include Health Staff (ANM), Anganwadi Workers and Gram Panchayat Representatives and these teams will monitored by the incharge of CHC and PHC.