Haryana, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Dr. Sumita Mishra visited the Centre of Excellence for Vegetables (CEV), Gharaunda, Horticulture Training Institute, Uchani and Integrated Beekeeping Centre, Ramnagar….
- Chandigarh, April 5 – Haryana, Additional Chief Secretary, Department of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Dr. Sumita Mishra visited the Centre of Excellence for Vegetables (CEV), Gharaunda, Horticulture Training Institute, Uchani and Integrated Beekeeping Centre, Ramnagar in Kurukshetra District on Monday.
- During the visit at the Centre of Excellence for Vegetables, Gharaunda, she inspected the Poly House, Net House, Low-tunnels, Walk-in-tunnels where vegetables are being grown and took information on it from the officers of the Department.
- During the visit of the Horticulture Training Institute, Uchani Karnal, the Additional Chief Secretary was apprised in detail by the Principal of the institute, Dr. Jogindra Ghanghas that the farmers of the state are given various types of Horticulture Training here according to the training calendar of the institute. In addition, farmers are taken to different states for exposure visits. Not only this, with the purpose of providing employment to women, they are also being imparted training free of cost regarding preparation of food items. The institute is also offering courses in gardening and as supervisors.
- On this occasion, a meeting was also held for construction work of Maharana Pratap Horticulture University at Horticulture Training Institute, Uchani Karnal. In the meeting, Additional Chief Secretary of Agriculture Department, Dr. Sumita Mishra, Director General of Horticulture Department, Dr. Arjun Singh Saini, Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Samar Singh and other officers, including the Registrar were present. The construction work of the University was discussed in the meeting. Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof. Samar Singh said that the work of Horticulture University is moving at a fast pace.
- In the meeting, Dr. Mishra said that after the formation of Horticulture University, various types of research work will be done by experts on horticulture, which will prove to be very effective in promoting horticulture. She said that there will be new employment opportunities for the youth after attaining a degree in horticulture.
- Additional Chief Secretary, Dr. Mishra also visited the Integrated Beekeeping Centre, Ramnagar Kurukshetra.