In view of the increasing demand of warehousing from e-commerce Companies, Haryana Enterprise Promotion Board (HEPB) which met under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal here today ….
- 140 acre land allocated to Flipkart at price of Rs 3.22 crore per acre
- Chief Minister accords approval in the 10th meeting of the HEPB
- Largest Fulfilling Centre to be set up on the said land in Gurugram-Manesar Region
- With the setting up of Fulfillment Centre thousands of jobs for locals to be created, Manohar Lal
- Chandigarh, April 6: In view of the increasing demand of warehousing from e-commerce Companies, Haryana Enterprise Promotion Board (HEPB) which met under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal here today approved the allotment of 140 acres land of Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HSIIDC) to Flipkart Group for setting up their largest Fulfilling Centre in Asia, having a covered area of 3 million square feet in Patli Hajipur, Manesar.
- This approval was granted in the 10th meeting of the Board held under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister here today. Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala, Education Minister, Sh. Kanwar Pal were also present in the meeting.
- During the meeting, the Chief Minister was apprised that the land allotted at price of Rs 3.22 crore per acre to Instakart services private limited (a Flipkart group company) will not only give impetus to further investments in the region but would further boost market access opportunities for lakhs of MSMEs, Sellers from Haryana and North India.
- The representatives of Flipkart Group informed that Instakart is planning to set up a series of Fulfillment Centres and associated logistics infrastructure across India to enable its market growth. To attain this goal, the company aims to provide the best in class service to the customers and thus is planning to construct Regional Distribution Centres (RDC) across the country to strengthen its network capability to service its customers.
- Furthermore, the company is planning to build a Logistics Campus on the National Capital Region, in proximity to Gurugram. They intend to build a campus spread over an area of 140 acres to cater to demand in North India. This Fulfillment Centre will essentially cater to parcel goods, white goods and furniture, he added. He informed that approximately 6000 direct and 12000 indirect jobs will be created through this investment.
- On this occasion, Chief Secretary, Sh. Vijai Vardhan, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Sh. V. Umashankar, Managing Director, Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation, Sh. Anurag Agarwal, Principal Secretary, Industries and Commerce Department, Sh. Vijayendra Kumar, Director General, Industries and Commerce Department, Sh. Saket Kumar and other senior officers were present.