Haryana Government has given its approval for the ‘Karnal-Yamunanagar’ New Rail Line project. This project will fulfil a long pending demand of common people of the region for direct and fast rail connectivity between these two important cities.
- Chandigarh, July 22- Haryana Government has given its approval for the ‘Karnal-Yamunanagar’ New Rail Line project. This project will fulfil a long pending demand of common people of the region for direct and fast rail connectivity between these two important cities.
- While giving further information in this regard, an official spokesperson said that the Karnal-Yamunanagar Rail Line will strengthen the original transport infrastructure by providing fast, safe, economical, comfortable and reliable mobility option to the people of Haryana. Haryana Government has approved the Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the project on July 20, 2021 after incorporating all the suggestions made by Ministry of Railways to the draft report submitted earlier in September 2019, he added.
- He said that the State Government has been pursuing this project with the Ministry of Railways in various meetings held by Haryana Chief Minister with Union Minister of Railways. Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation (HRIDC- Joint Venture between Ministry of Railways and Govt. of Haryana), has finalized this DPR at an estimated cost of Rs 883.78 crore. The project shall be implemented in a period of about 4 years, he added.
- The spokesperson said that the proposed Karnal-Yamunanagar new rail line will take off from the existing Karnal Railway Station on Delhi-Ambala Railway line and will connect at the existing Jagadhri-Workshop Railway station on Ambala-Saharanpur Railway line. The new line will act as a feeder route for Eastern DFC, having an Interchange point with Railways at Kalanaur Station (adjoining to Yamunanagar) by providing direct connectivity to Karnal, Panipat and other parts of Central Haryana, he added. He said that the existing rail route from Karnal to Yamunanagar, via Ambala Cantt., has a route length of 121 km. The comparative road distance between Karnal and Yamunanagar is 67 km, he added.
- He further informed that the proposed new Railway line, with a route length of 64.6 km, will thus provide the shortest link between these two cities and shall greatly reduce the travel time for passengers as well as for freight traffic. He said that the major benefits from the project include direct and faster connectivity between Karnal & Yamunanagar, faster transportation of passengers as the travel distance will get reduced by 50 Km, and speedier access to market for agricultural produce, plywood & timber, industrial products, metal industry, fertilizer etc. from rural regions like Indri, Ladwa and Radaur.
- Apart from this the project will directly connect Southern and Western Parts of Haryana to the Holy City of Haridwar.
- He said that the Karnal-Yamunanagar Rail line will provide feeder route connectivity for Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor at Kalanaur, enabling development of Logistic parks in Karnal- Yamunanagar region while enhancing the living standards of the people by creating employment as well as economic opportunities due to increase in the industrial activity in and around the project influence area.