Happy Martyrs Day Wishes, Quotes with Images
Martyrs Day Wishes – The day of martyrs (Shaheed Diwas) is celebrated in India for five days to commemorate the lives of the people. The date observed at a national level is 30 January of these five. The date marks the murder of Nathuram Godse in 1948 of Mahatma Gandhi.
On August 15, 1947, Mahatma Gandhi led the movement for independence in India which led to the country’s liberation. In the fight for independence in India against British colonial rule, he used honesty and non-violence as his weapons. At the age of 78, he was shot by Nathuram Godse in the Birla House complex in New Delhi.
On Martyr Day, at Mahatma Gandhi’s samadhi at Raj Ghat, the Chairmen, the Prime Minister, the Defense Minister and the three Heads of Service assemble, and lay cornices adorned with multicolored flowers. At 11 a.m., the entire world observes a two-minute silence in honor of Indian martyrs.
Here are some encouraging comments on martyrdom on the eve of the Martyrs’ Day:
- “Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “Martyrdom does not end something, it only a beginning.” — Indira Gandhi
- “It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
- “The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins.” — Soren Kierkegaard
- “The people who have really made history are the martyrs.” — Aleister Crowley
- “A martyr can never cooperate with death, go to death in a way that they’re not trying to escape.” — Stanley Hauerwas
More quotes on Martyr’s day
- “Lovers, Lunatics and poets are made of same stuff”― Bhagat singh
- “But man’s duty is to try and endeavour, success depends upon chance and environments”― Bhagat Singh
- If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. We need not wait to see what others do- Mahatma Gandhi
- It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom!- Subhas Chandra Bose
- One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives- Subhas Chandra Bose
- Every blow that they hurled at us drove one more nail into the coffin of the Empire- Lala Lajpat Rai
- If defeated and killed on the field of battle, we shall surely earn eternal glory and salvation- Rani of Jhansi
- Nobody can hurt me without my permission- Mahatma Gandhi
- If I had the power to influence Indian journals, I would have the following headlines printed in bold letters on the first page: Milk for the infants, Food for the adults and Education for all- Lala Lajpat Rai
- When we stand, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a wall of granite; when we march, the Azad Hind Fauj has to be like a steamroller- Subhas Chandra Bose
Other days that are also observed as Martyr’s day in India are:
- March 23: The anniversary of the deaths of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru in 1931.
- May 19: Language Martyrs Day (Bhasha Shahid Diwas). The days commemorates the Bengali Language Movement of Barak Valley in the state of Assam.
- October 21: Police Martyrs Day. The day marks the ambush of a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) patrol party at the Indo-Tibetan border in Ladakh by the Chinese forces.
- November 17: The anniversary of the death of Lala Lajpat Rai in 1928.
- November 19: The birth anniversary of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
- Upcoming Festivals
- Important Days
- World Health Day 2021
- Best Hilarious Love Quotes
- Happy Engagement Anniversary Wishes
- Happy Lohri Wishes
- Happy Vaisakhi 2021 Images
- Birthday Wishes for Sister