World Hepatitis Day Messages, Hepatitis Quotes & Slogans
World Hepatitis Day 2023 – According to statistics, within every 30 seconds, a person is dying from hepatitis-related illnesses. Even during the pandemic of COVID-19, we are dealing with viral hepatitis.
We celebrate Hepatitis Day on July 28th every year. The day is also the birth anniversary of Dr. Baruch Samuel Blumberg, He discovered the hepatitis B virus in 1967. Later in 1969, Dr. Blumberg made the first vaccine for hepatitis B. And this achievement got him the Nobel Prize.
The apex organizations worldwide, including CDC and WHO, commemorate World Hepatitis Day to raise awareness of viral hepatitis. More than 325,000,000 people worldwide suffer from hepatitis, and the organizations mentioned above are working relentlessly to combat hepatitis.
Viral hepatitis is a group of contagious diseases known as hepatitis A, B, C, D, & E. and hepatitis causes both chronic and acute liver diseases. Every year, more patients die from hepatitis than tuberculosis and HIV.
The History of World Hepatitis Day
As millions of people are suffering from viral hepatitis disease, the rest of the world is completely unknown about that fact. It is necessary to raise awareness so that people become more mindful about diagnosis and cure. That is the only way to reduce the spread of this life-threatening disease.
Sadly, many times, people die due to undiagnosed diseases. According to the WHO:
- Every year, more than 900,000 people die due to hepatitis B virus infection.
- 42% of children globally can have the doses of the hepatitis B vaccine.
- More than 325,000,000 people are still living with hepatitis B&C.
Celebrating hepatitis day can increase the level of awareness among people. This global health campaign was first organized by World Health Organization to have a hepatitis-free world. The world hepatitis alliance was established in 2007. And in 2008, it was the 1st celebration of world hepatitis day.
Why We Celebrate World Hepatitis Day?
The world needs to be a little more aware of general health. Every year, thousands of people are dying due to hepatitis. Even during the coronavirus pandemic, the world lost thousands of people who are suffering from hepatitis. Some of the reasons behind celebrating world hepatitis day are:
- Raising awareness among the public about the five types of hepatitis disease.
- Providing an opportunity to focus upon the hepatitis disease.
- Telling people about the symptoms, importance of early diagnosis, screening, and control.
- Increasing awareness about the vaccination of hepatitis A and B
- Encouraging people to reach out to medical help for prevention and treatment from hepatitis.
- Educating people about immunization, prevention, diagnosis, and control
- Promoting the campaigns organized by several government organizations and asking people for active involvement.
World Hepatitis Day 2022: Around 325 million people are living with viral hepatitis B and C, according to WHO. Globally, 42% of children have access to the birth dose of the hepatitis B vaccine. Hepatitis is an inflammation of the liver that causes several health problems and can be fatal also.
5 strains of hepatitis virus are A, B, C, D, and E. They all cause liver disease but they differ in important ways like modes of transmission, severity of the illness, geographical distribution, and prevention methods. Basically, types B and C lead to chronic disease, and together are the most common cause of liver cirrhosis, cancer, and viral hepatitis-related deaths. Do you know that around 325 million people live with hepatitis B and/or C in the world and for more testing, treatment remains beyond reach?
We have a collection of World Hepatitis Day messages and wishes. Have these unique and latest World Hepatitis Day greetings and slogans shared with everyone around you.
World Hepatitis Day Messages and Hepatitis Quotes
- “Let us come together to fight against hepatitis and not surrender to this disease. Happy World Hepatitis Day to all.”
- “On the occasion of World Hepatitis Day, let us promise that we will never neglect our health and never let anyone else neglect it as well.”
- “If you want to give someone anything, give them your love and not hepatitis. Stay safe and stay healthy. Warm wishes on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “You can make a lot of difference by taking some precautions and by being aware of hepatitis. Wishing everyone a very Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Let us stand with those who are suffering from hepatitis to let them know that they are not all alone in this fight. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
- “If we will not open our eyes towards the increasing number of people dying due to hepatitis then we will never wake up to the threat. Warm wishes on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Ignoring hepatitis will make the situation worse. Learning more about it and taking precautions will bring the desired change. Wishing a very Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
World Hepatitis Day Poster Messages
- “Each and every step towards saving a life from hepatitis matters. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Don’t forget to take a vaccine for hepatitis for your safety and health. Warm wishes on World Hepatitis Day.”
- “You may not always be able to see the hepatitis symptoms. So always be aware and beware. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
- “Being vigilant about hepatitis can save many lives. Happy World Hepatitis Day.”
World Hepatitis Day: Quotes
- “Hepatitis A and B are vaccine-preventable diseases, yet they continue to be the most commonly reported vaccine-preventable diseases. Getting vaccinated, especially if you are at high risk, provides the best protection from these diseases.” – J Robert Galvin
- “Hepatitis doesn’t always present symptoms.” – Karen Gonzales
- “There is a growing need to make people aware of the severity of the disease in the region. People need to be extra careful, as it is one of the regions where infection with hepatitis B virus (HBV) is common.” – Dr. RS Verma
- “There has been a treatment for hepatitis C, but the treatment has not been overwhelming effective, number 1. And number 2, it has had considerable toxicity.” – Anthony S
- “I don’t want to be defined by being the founder of the Body Shop, and I don’t want to be defined as a woman suffering from Hepatitis C. There’s more to my life than that.” – Anita Roddick
- “Hepatitis C was a devastating disease but because fundamental research was done in hepatitis C, it is now curable. It is now absolutely curable with new medications. So this is transformative.” – Laurie Glimcher
- “I love Fear Factor, but I think they’re running out of fears. It’s only a matter of time before they’re sitting around doing shots of Hepatitis C.” – Dave Attell
- “People are reticent to give a newborn the hepatitis B vaccine and often delay it.” – Paul A. Offit
- “Childhood vaccines are one of the great triumphs of modern medicine. Indeed, parents whose children are vaccinated no longer have to worry about their child’s death or disability from whooping cough, polio, diphtheria, hepatitis, or a host of other infections.” – Ezekiel Emanuel
- “There are many different causes of the scarring. Viruses are common. Hepatitis B, hepatitis C, what we call autoimmune diseases where the body attacks the liver itself such as primary biliary cirrhosis is an autoimmune disease; sclerosing cholangitis is an autoimmune disease; and so those diseases where the liver is being destroyed by either the virus or an autoimmune disease, it can only scar, and why it doesn’t regenerate has to do with the fact that there is this ongoing scar tissue that blocks that regeneration.” – John Roberts
World Hepatitis Day: Messages
- Stop running away from Hepatitis which is a bare truth of life and a major concern to the whole world.
- Let us learn to protect ourselves from Hepatitis diseases on World Hepatitis Day.
- Get vaccinated on World Hepatitis Day and prevent yourself from falling prey to any of those Hepatitis diseases.
- One can easily avoid Hepatitis by staying a little bit cautious and following healthy practices.
- World Hepatitis Day is an occasion that reminds us to stay aware and informed about the disease of Hepatitis.
- Let us educate more people about the causes and consequences of Hepatitis on World Hepatitis Day.
- It is high time that we take a lesson from all the deaths that are caused due to Hepatitis every year.
- You won’t be able to see the symptoms of Hepatitis every time, so beware and raise awareness about the disease Hepatitis on World Hepatitis Day.
- So many people in this world are getting affected by Hepatitis every year and World Hepatitis Day gives us an opportunity to act on it.
- It is time to get more curious about Hepatitis diseases and know the ways of preventing it on World Hepatitis Day.
- On World Hepatitis Day, let us enhance our efforts to control the spread of Hepatitis disease.
- Care for your life, don’t let Hepatitis separate you from your loved ones.
- On World Hepatitis Day, say no to all those habits that can push you towards this fatal disease.
- On World Hepatitis Day, let us enhance our efforts to control the spread of Hepatitis disease.
- Raise your voice for making people aware of Hepatitis on World Hepatitis Day.
World Hepatitis Day: Slogans
- Love your liver and live longer.
- Get tested early, and stay healthy longer.
- Prevent Hepatitis: It’s up to you
- I am Hepatitis Warrior
- Throw it before it throws you
- Know it. Confront it
- Get vaccinated for hepatitis B
- Hepatitis is not a game, take it serious
- Hepatitis doesn’t define me.
- Hepatitis is not a game take it serious.
July 28th is observed as World Hepatitis Day across the world. Share hepatitis quotes and sayings with your family and friends to wish them and to make everyone aware of this disease and also the precautions. Celebrate this day with World Hepatitis Day poster messages and themes to create the much needed awareness about it. With the powerful and catchy hepatitis slogans and sayings, wish everyone on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram.
- World Nature Conservation Day
- Martyrs Day Wishes
- Happy International Dance Day
- World Health Day 2023
- Best Hilarious Love Quotes
- Happy Engagement Anniversary Wishes