Haryana Chief Minister, Shri. Manohar Lal said that an amount of Rs. 7 crore would be spent on developing Karan Lake as a tourist destination hub. The work of beautification of Karna Lake will be completed in the next one year.
- Karna Lake to be developed as Tourist Destination Hub
- Chandigarh, February 21: Haryana Chief Minister, Shri. Manohar Lal said that an amount of Rs. 7 crore would be spent on developing Karan Lake as a tourist destination hub. The work of beautification of Karna Lake will be completed in the next one year.
- The Chief Minister said this while holding a review meeting regarding the work of beautification of the lake with Smart City Project officers at Karnal today. During the review meeting, Chief Minister also approved a master plan prepared by the officers of Smart City for the beautification of this Lake.
- The Chief Minister directed the officers to work in a planned manner so as to ensure that maximum number of tourists visit Karna Lake. He said that beautification of the lake should be done while keeping in view the convenience of tourists and common people who would be visiting the lake. For this, two entry points and a ticket counter should be setup at one single place. He further suggested that arrangements for free entry inside the lake premises especially for the people of Karnal city should be made from 6 am to 8 pm and from 7 am to 9 pm.
- The Chief Minister directed the officers of the irrigation department to make arrangements for discharging clean water in the lake through a canal. The Superintendent Engineer informed the Chief Minister that one Cusec water is released from the Bhakra channel into the lake, while Chief Minister directed that it should be increased to three cusecs.
- On this occasion, Deputy Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer, Karnal Smart City Ltd. Karnal, Shri. Nishant Kumar Yadav gave a presentation regarding the beautification of Karna Lake.
- He shared that the 1.26 km periphery area of Karna Lake will be developed. Signage, path-way, lighting and cycle track will be made in the periphery of Karna Lake. Two tube wells, food courts and cafes will be built to keep water available throughout the year in the lake, he informed.
- Mr. Nishant Kumar Yadav further informed an island inside the lake will be made along with setting up sculptures on themes such as the Mahabharata. A musical fountain will be built within the lake and a view deck will be built on the shore.
- Along with local and artisans from outside will be able to visit and sell their goods, which will give them employment opportunities and will also generate more income for the department.
- During the review meeting MLA, Gharaunda, Shri. Harvinder Kalyan, Mayor Smt. Renu Bala Gupta, Chairman, Smart City Board Haryana and Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Local Bodies Department, Shri. S.N. Roy, Principal Secretary, Tourism Department, Shri. M.D. Sinha, Commissioner Municipal Corporation, Shri. Vikram, Superintendent of Police, Shri. Gangaram Punia and other dignitaries were present.
- The members of Bhagwan Valmiki Jan Kalyan Sangh today thanked Chief Minister, Shri. Manohar Lal for giving an amount of Rs. 11 lakh from his voluntary fund for the construction of Lord Valmiki Bhavan in Sector 9, Karnal.
- During the Chief Minister’s visit to Karnal today, members of Bhagwan Valmiki Jan Kalyan Sangh, led by Shri. Subhash Chandra, Executive Vice president Swachh Bharat Mission Haryana thanked the Chief Minister for the support given by him for the construction of the building. On this occasion, President of the Sangh, Shri. Raghubir Gaagat said that so far a grant of Rs 54 lakh has been received from the Chief Minister’s Fund.
- With this amount, the ground floor of the building and the hall on the first floor has been constructed, he said.