Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala said that former Deputy Prime Minister, Chaudhary Devi Lal had played an important role in bringing political and social change in the country and the younger generation should learn about his….
- Chandigarh, April 6: Haryana Deputy Chief Minister, Sh. Dushyant Chautala said that former Deputy Prime Minister, Chaudhary Devi Lal had played an important role in bringing political and social change in the country and the younger generation should learn about his life struggle.
- Sh. Chautala was interacting with media persons today after paying homage at Chaudhary Devi Lal’s memorial ‘Sangharsh Sthal’ located in New Delhi on the occasion of his death anniversary. He said that during his tenure, Chaudhary Devi Lal had initiated many social welfare schemes which were later emulated by various State Governments and the Central Government in one way or the other. He said that it has been almost 20 years since Jannayak Late Chaudhary Devi Lal ji has gone from our midst, yet in this two-decade journey, due to his policies and vision, the entire nation remembers him as a messiah of farmers and labourers.
- In response to a question asked about the crop procurement process of the state, the Deputy Chief Minister said that today the State Government is giving Minimum Support Price (MSP) on not one, but six crops to the farmers. So far, more than one lakh metric tonnes of wheat has arrived in the mandis of the state, all of which the government has procured. He said that it is our objective to procure the crops of the farmers properly and get it lifted as soon as possible and make payments directly to the farmers’ accounts. Sh. Dushyant Chautala said that Chaudhary Devi Lal Ji had envisioned that the farmers should be paid directly for their crop which the state government is fulfilling by making payments directly to the farmers’ account.
- The Deputy Chief Minister appealed to the leaders of the agitating farmers that they should come forward to discuss the issues with the government, as the avenues of the Central Government are open for continued discussion. He also said that if 40 farmer leaders who lead the movement are ready for talks with the centre, then all possible cooperation will be extended on behalf of the government.
- Earlier, former MP, Dr. Ajay Singh Chautala and others also paid floral tributes to former Deputy Prime Minister, Chaudhary Devi Lal at the memorial.