Haryana Police’s intensified drive against those involved in drug-peddling has resulted in the seizure of over 996 kg narcotic substances in the past seven months in Sirsa district alone.
- With 567 arrests, 996 kg drugs seized in Sirsa during 7 months
- Chandigarh, April 27: Haryana Police’s intensified drive against those involved in drug-peddling has resulted in the seizure of over 996 kg narcotic substances in the past seven months in Sirsa district alone.
- Giving this information here today, Haryana Police spokesperson informed that in the past seven months, 323 cases were registered and 567 accused were arrested on the charge of peddling and possessing drugs in the district.
- A large quantity of narcotics including 3.770 kg of heroin, 37.580 kg of opium, over 943 kg chura post, 11.370 kg ganja and more than 2.36 lakh tablets/capsules falling under the category of prohibited medicine were seized from the possession of the arrested persons.
- Following the DGP Haryana, Sh. Manoj Yadava’s directives, a series of steps have been taken to curb the smuggling of narcotics including increased inter-state cooperation for exchange of information about drug mafia. As a result of it, Police has tightened the noose on drug peddlers and other criminals in the district, especially in areas bordering Rajasthan and Punjab.
- The spokesperson urged the people to come forward fearlessly, and share information about the sale, consumption, and use of narcotics with the police. In addition to taking stern action against those involved in peddling of drugs, we are also making people aware of ill-effects of drug addiction, he added.