Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that the details of the crop sown in every acre should be registered by the farmers on the ‘Meri Fasal – Mera Byora’ portal. Besides this, the details of patches of land lying vacant should also be updated.
- Chandigarh, February 18 – Haryana Chief Minister, Sh. Manohar Lal said that the details of the crop sown in every acre should be registered by the farmers on the ‘Meri Fasal – Mera Byora’ portal. Besides this, the details of patches of land lying vacant should also be updated.
- The Chief Minister said this during a meeting of Haryana Kisan Kalyan Pradhikaran held here today. In the meeting, Power and New and Renewable Energy Minister, Sh. Ranjit Singh, Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, Sh. J.P. Dalal and Cooperation Minister, Sh. Banwari Lal were also present.
- It came to light during the meeting that at present 92 lakh acres of land is verified, of which about 68 lakh acres of land under cultivation. On the remaining uncultivated land, the Chief Minister directed to ascertain the usage of the remaining 24 lakh acres of land. He said that the mechanism of crop verification will be strengthened under ‘Meri Fasal – Mera Byora’ Scheme. He also instructed the officers that in future the entire amount of crop purchase should be deposited in the account of farmers.
- Sh. Manohar Lal said that it is difficult to enhance the income of farmers on the basis of agriculture only. For this, it is important to promote agriculture related activities like Horticulture, Floriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries. He said that initially plans for peri-urban agriculture should be formulated for four districts – Sonipat, Jhajjar, Gurugram and Faridabad so that there could be cultivation according to local needs.
- The Chief Minister said that it is the responsibility of Haryana Kisan Kalyan Pradhikaran is to monitor the farmer welfare schemes being run by various departments and to increase their income and ensure the proper implementation of these schemes. Furthermore, it is the responsibility of Haryana Kisan Kalyan Pradhikaran to bring new schemes in the notice of concerned departments, make suggestions and recommendations for the welfare of farmers and their families, including landless farmers. He instructed the officers that the Pradhikaran should have an Executive Vice President who will function as a CEO.
- He said that it is the duty of the Pradhikaran to formulate a comprehensive land use policy for agriculture and allied sectors in order to make agriculture profitable, as well as to reduce the hardships of farmers by providing appropriate relief and compensation of crop loss due to natural disaster. Besides this, it will also suggest ways to boost agricultural productivity and reduce the production cost.
- On this occasion, Chief Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister, Sh. D.S. Dhesi, Additional Chief Secretary of Cooperation Department, Sh. Sanjeev Kaushal, Additional Chief Secretary of Power Department, Sh. P.K. Das, Additional Chief Secretary of Environment and Climate Change Department Smt. Dheera Khandelwal, Additional Chief Secretary of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Department, Sh. Devender Singh, Additional Chief Secretary, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, Sh. Anurag Rastogi, Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Sh. V. Umashankar, Deputy Principal Secretary to Chief Minister, Smt. Ashima Brar and Director General of Agriculture Department, Sh. Hardeep Singh were also present. Apart from this, Additional Chief Secretary, Development and Panchayats Department, Sh. Amit Jha, and Vice Chancellor of Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University, Hisar, Dr. Samar Singh, were present through video conferencing.